This site is produced by the Zoological Parks Authority. It aims to provide comprehensive information about Perth Zoo and its activities and services.
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies,
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment, and
- rural and regional users.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- function for increasing or decreasing the text size for the site on each page,
- descriptive text for images (ALT text) that can be read by assistive technologies
- printer-friendly pages.
The Perth Zoo site is compliant with WCAG 2.0 Level A based on World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Accessibility standards.
Please note that you can also request to acquire any documents available on the website in the following formats:
- printed/hard-copy, or
- documents to be made available in an alternative format such as plain text file.
Please use the details available in the Contact Us page to make any such requests, or to provide feedback on your experience using the site.
This page covers four important guides to using this website in an effort to improve accessibility:
- Text resizing – how to resize the text size viewed on screen to enhance readability,
- Using the site – how to use the website and its features,
- Printer friendly – how to print webpages from this website, and
- Plug-ins requirement – how to install optional plug-ins to access some features of this website.
To alter your text size, please click the icon on the top right hand side of your screen.
Using the site
The site has the following navigational features to aid you in your visiting experience
Overview (top level) Menu
Covers all aspects of Perth Zoo’s services and areas of interest.
Sub-category topics of the top level menu are found on the left hand side of the screen.
Search the website to find what you want directly with keywords.
Helps you to determine the location of the page that you are viewing at the time.
Click on the print icon located on the top right-hand side of your screen to print the page you are on. This will automatically load a new, print-friendly page without navigation menus and will print to an A4 page width.
Throughout this website, you may encounter documents and files that may require you to install additional software on your computer. Please note that in most cases you are not required to install anything as most computers are capable to read the documents and files on this website.
The following is a list of software that you may need to read the documents and files on this website:
Flash Documents and movies
Microsoft Word Documents
You can request any printed or hardcopy documents by using the Contact Us form.